Saturday, February 1, 2014

Photography intro

hello!

today's blog is going to be about photography. As y'all know i am currently studying grahic design and photography is something very important. the teacher has told us to take some pictures from landscapes and use the manual function as much as we possibly can. Of course it was a bit tricky for me, but practice is key so what i did was i went out and played around with my camera.

I love to blur the background and create a bokeh effect. Bokeh is a Japanese term that means blur. They mostly associate this with highlights but now a days they use it as a term to define the out-of focus areas of an image. there is obviously good and bad Bokeh but it is just a question of practice.

I am also getting into portrait photography which i think is lots of fun! you have to get the right angle otherwise it won't look right. Try to use natural daylight in all cases if u can. That makes the photos so much better.

Some of the pictures i'll be sharing with you are taken with a compact camera. But most of my pictures are taken a Nikon D3100 and a standard lens. I find it a good and affordable camera for every beginner in photography. I Bought it when it first came out so it cost me around 500 euros (in Europe), but i am sure that you can get it for a lower price. And if you are looking for a good camera, don't hesitate and also look on the internet if you can get a 2nd hands one

In this blog you'll see some of the landscape photographs that i took with a compact camera. This way you will be able to realize that no matter which camera you own, you can still make great photos. Stay tuned for the upcoming blogs so you can see more photographs!

Quote of the day: A good snapshot keeps a moment from going away. -Eudora Welty.

PS: I am not a professional by any means, so i don't expect you to admire my work as something extraordinary and amazing. 













0 comments:

Post a Comment